Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer Cupcake Series VIII

It is week VIII of the Summer Cupcake Series, if you missed the first seven weeks you can catch up with the links below:

Week I - Tropical Cupcakes
Week II - Watermelon Cupcakes
Week III - Cupcake Cones
Week IV - Grass Cupcakes
Week V – Glazed Gluten Free Lemon Cupcakes
Week VI – Berry Pie Cupcakes from Oprah.com
Week VII – Aloha Cupcakes from Bakerella

Once again, this week’s post will highlight a great summer cupcake from one of my favorite bloggers – Annie’s Eats. Annie also LOVES cupcakes! She has tons of recipes on her blog (here’s the section dedicated to her cupcakes) and many are so perfect for summer. It was hard to choose just one to point you to today!

For many people, summer means camping and/or backyard fire pits with friends. And you can’t have a fire pit, whether it’s next to a tent or in your backyard, without s’mores.

We have some family friends that live on a large piece of property, at one end of their property is a creek and next to the creek is a fire pit. When I was growing we spent countless summer nights down there. The parents would chat by the fire and all of us kids would be roaming around, until of course it was time for s'mores and then we all gathered around the fire. Such wonderful memories!

We haven't had a fire pit by the creek in years and it's been even longer since I've been camping, but every time I think of S'mores (or S'mores Cupcakes) it takes me back.

Picture from Annie’s Eats.

Here is the URL to Annie’s S’mores Cupcakes: http://annies-eats.com/2009/11/16/smores-cupcakes/

I would love to try these out next time I find myself getting ready to go to a firepit evening.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment