Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Personal Training Session #9, #10, #11

As you’ve probably noticed I’m running a bit behind on posts lately. Sorry, it’s been very busy. I can’t believe it’s already August, anyway…

Here’s a quick recap on the last few sessions with my personal trainer:

Session #9 was a little over a week ago. It was all focused on upper body. It was a good session and it went by really quick! Before I knew it, we were done with the session. My arms were a little sore the next day, but not too bad, I think I’m really getting stronger and my muscles aren’t in so much shock after a work out.

Session #10 was focused on lower body. I did some time on the stair stepper and a variety of squats, lunges, jumping, lifting, etc. I’m having a little trouble with my knees, my right knee in particular, so that’s kind of annoying. My legs were sore the next day, but it only lasted about a day which is a huge improvement, so again I think I’m getting stronger.

I got in all my cardio homework over the weekend.

Session #11 was yesterday. I went in expecting an upper body workout like last week. The majority of the session was spent on upper body; but my trainer ‘surprised’ me by having me start with some sprints. Good news, they went okay, I didn’t think my chest was going to explode, I didn’t feel nauseous and most important, I didn’t throw up…things are getting better! After three rounds of sprints it was all about the arms and again it went by really fast and my arms felt great after.

No comments:

Post a Comment