Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lessons from Lincoln

Over the holiday weekend I took my first trip to Nebraska for one of my cousins’ wedding. Overall it was a good trip with lots of quality time with family that I don’t see all that often. I was also pleasantly surprised by Lincoln, not that I really knew what to expect from Nebraska.

Here’s what I from the trip:

  • Italian charm can turn an hour and a half restaurant wait into 10 minutes!

  • Nebraska is apparently a Pepsi state (thank goodness for The Cookie Company, it’s the only place I found that sold Diet Coke).
  • The Cookie Company makes a wonderful oatmeal raisin cookie (and after a quick Google search I discovered there is actually a location in Colorado, woo hoo!)
  • Lincoln’s Farmer’s Market is awesome! It really makes our local Farmer’s Market look kind of sad.

Thanks to my fiancé for the Farmer's Market pictures; I forgot my camera at the hotel.

  • At the Farmer’s Market I discovered one of the best things ever…Mocha Almonds! There will be an entire post on them later this week.
  • Bridesmaid dresses with pockets are super cute! You couldn't even tell the dresses had pockets until the bridesmaids put their hands in them. Unfortunately I didn’t get a picture of the bridesmaid dresses, but of course I got pictures of the cakes (each table had their own cake in addition to the wedding cake and groom’s cake/cupcakes)!

Table Cake

Wedding Cake

Groom's Cake & Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment