Saturday, January 2, 2010

Finally!

The next question in the series...

When:
I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for about four years. I would talk to a couple of friends about the idea and do some preliminary research but I’d never actually get started.

So what changed? Well, I realized I was thinking and talking about it more and more as I started baking more and more. And all along I would be taking pictures of my creations. Then I completed a series of cake decorating classes this summer and friends started asking to see the pictures…which would have been easiest to share if I had already had my blog set-up. Even still, I procrastinated. Then I saw the movie Julie & Julia…inspiring. Then I went to Pioneer Woman’s book signing where she talked about how she got started…it didn’t seem like such a big ordeal or scary thing when she described it. So…after the holidays and to kick-off the coming New Year I decided I would FINALLY start my blog.

Posting…I know there are some bloggers that post everyday and some that release new posts they same time every week (such as every Monday morning). I don’t think that daily would be a realistic schedule for me to start with. I know some other bloggers try to post about once a week. I think that’s going to be my goal for five…once a week or at least a few times a month to get started. We’ll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment