Monday, January 25, 2010

BIG News!

I’m engaged!!!

I’m engaged to a wonderful man, he’s the love of my life and I’m so very happy.


We’ve been together 3 years. He surprised me last Friday night (the 15th).

He created a story to get me out of the house (I had planned to stay home and get things ready for the dinner party). He drove me up to a place that overlooked the city, it was beautiful. It was perfect.

He had talked to my dad the weekend before…I had no idea.

We went and told my parents right after it happened. Then we called lots of family and friends late into the evening. Saturday morning we met some family friends for brunch and surprised them with the news! Saturday night at the end of the dinner party we broke the news to everyone. More phone calls and texts were scattered throughout the weekend.

We don’t know any details yet, we decided to just enjoy that first weekend and telling everyone. We’ve started some initial discussions, but nothing has been decided. As we start entering the planning phase I’m sure you’ll see more and more posts contemplating the many decisions we have ahead of us.

I can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment