Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Tradition

It’s no secret that I love Pioneer Woman. So back in November when she came to Colorado for a stop on her book tour, I knew I had to go. I convinced my boyfriend to go and keep me company on the drive and during the wait.

He didn’t understand why we had to go so early, until the crowds started showing up, it was packed! (The people went up the stairs and filled the second floor!)


Then he was glad we got there early and wouldn’t have to wait until the middle of the night for my cookbooks to get signed.

I have been waiting to try some recipes from her cookbook. I’ve tried a few recipes from her blog before and they were wonderful. So after Christmas I picked out my first recipe from the book and decided to give it a try for New Year’s Day…cinnamon rolls.

I’ve never made any type of bread dough from scratch, I was a little nervous. But I’m happy to report that it went very well! The yeast and the rising…nothing to be scared of anymore. I made the dough on the afternoon of New Year’s Eve and let it sit in the fridge until New Year’s Day. On New Year’s Day I rolled out the dough, covered it with filling, rolled it up, sliced it, let it rest and then into the oven it went. Meanwhile I made the maple coffee icing. I should also note that I quartered the recipe. Pioneer Woman’s original recipe makes 40-50 rolls…and well I definitely didn’t need 50 rolls sitting around past New Year’s Day.



(Pre-Icing)

(Post Icing, sorry about the picture quality on this one.)

The cinnamon rolls were delicious! So delicious in fact that my boyfriend declared that it should be a new tradition to have these cinnamon rolls every New Year’s Day. He loved them!

Note: The cinnamon roll recipe is available on Pioneer Woman’s web site. However, I strongly recommend that you buy the cookbook, it’s great!

No comments:

Post a Comment