Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Balsamic Chicken – SUPER Easy

This is what I made for dinner last night (and had leftovers for lunch today), I love it and it’s super easy. I don’t think it can even really be considered a recipe it’s so easy.

All I do is marinate boneless skinless chicken breast in balsamic vinegar. Just take the thawed chicken and cover it in balsamic vinegar and let it soak for at least 30 minutes (if I’m on top of things and thawed the chicken ahead of time I throw in the balsamic vinegar in the morning and let it soak all day in the fridge, but that doesn’t always happen). I don’t measure the balsamic vinegar I just make sure each piece of chicken is coated and that there’s a little on the bottom of the container to let it soak. Sometimes I add in a pinch or two of salt and pepper, but not always. Then I just dump the chicken and marinade into a glass baking dish and bake at 375 degrees for 35-45 minutes.

Chicken marinating (the holes/dots are from the fork I used to turn the chicken)

The chicken ends up being really moist and delicious. Although the delicious part might be more of an acquired taste…this is probably my second favorite type of chicken ever, the fiancé however would not rank it that high.

As the chicken cools off just a tad from the oven, I pop in some Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice into the microwave for 90 seconds. (I really like the Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, it’s so fast and so easy. There are a lot of varieties, but I usually use the brown and wild rice mix when I’m serving it as a side to chicken or salmon.)

To round out the meal, I finish it off with a green vegetable; my favorites are asparagus or green beans.

No comments:

Post a Comment