Thursday, September 9, 2010

Exception to the Rule – Flamingos

As I’ve mentioned before (here) I’m not much of a girly girl. So not surprisingly I really don’t like the color pink. Hate is a strong word, so I’m not sure I hate it, but it’s definitely not something I’m fond of.

I’m not for sure where my extreme dislike of the color pink came from. Although I do have one theory that centers around a flowery light pink dress I was forced to wear as a child; but in all reality I might have disliked pink even before then.

There always seems to be an exception to almost any rule. Even my no pink rule has an exception – flamingos. I only allow pink if it involves flamingos.

Feeding Flamingos in Mexico

I love them! I always have and I always will. I don’t know why, I just do…even though they’re pink. I think they're fabulous, they're one of my favorite animals (manatees are probably the other...that started when I did a report on manatees in elementary school...anyway...)

I love seeing flamingos at the zoo or on vacations to warmer weather locales.

I have a nice little collection of flamingos in my office; most have been gifts throughout the years. I also have a nice little collection of flamingo party accessories and serving items that are perfect for summer festivities (as you may have noticed in my last post).

Most of my summer BBQs and parties have a tropical theme in order to allow me to showcase my flamingo items. What can I say, they’re just so festive!

(Note: Obviously if I ever host a Memorial Day, 4th of July, baseball or other summer themed event I would not bring out the flamingos).

No comments:

Post a Comment