Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sweet Treat Party

Saturday I hosted a casual little gathering for Valentine’s Day…actually it was really more of an excuse to get some girls together and of course to bake!

I called it a ‘Sweet Treat Party’ and there were definitely plenty of sweets…

Cupcakes
Cookies
More cookies
Cupcake pops/cake bites
Candy

It’s a good thing I ran out of time to make the other couple of recipes I was considering.

Don’t worry I did have a fruit tray, a veggie tray and some chips and salsa to balance out the sugar ;)

Cupcakes
I used a white cake mix and canned frosting (white and strawberry) to save myself some time. I played around with a few different decorating techniques with the frosting and a variety of sprinkles.

Look this one matches the napkin!


This one was a little crazy, but was a hit with the 2 ½ year old little boy.


Here are the rest:


Cookies
I had two types of cookies: Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies (click here for more details) and Coconut Macaroons.

The coconut macaroons are becoming very popular. Every time I make these there is another loyal follower. These really are not as difficult as they appear to be, I’ll post the recipe later this week.

Coconut Macaroons and Cupcakes

Cupcake Pops/Cake Bites
I have an even deeper awe, appreciation and respect for Bakerella now. These are a bit more complicated and take a bit more TLC than I had originally thought. I was very rushed and did not allot them as much time as I should have and hence they did not look nearly as good as Bakerella’s. I’ll post more on my experience with cake pops later and re-cap what I think I could do better next time. The good news is that even though they didn’t look that great, my friends thought they were delicious.

A few of the Cupcake Pops that even came close to turning out correctly.

The rest of the Cupcake Pops that didn't even make it to 'Pop' status...they all look so very sad.

All in all, it was a fun and relaxing afternoon visiting with friends and it was exactly what I needed.

Thanks girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment