Thursday, February 25, 2010

No Need to Rush

I came across a blog post tonight from Blue-Eyed Bride about contentment and not always looking forward to the ‘next big thing’ or being in such a hurry to get the ‘next checkmark’. It was a great post, and it really hit home for a lot of people (some amazing comments were left).

Lately I’ve been stressed out trying to finalize a date and location for our wedding. Yes, I’m a planner, and yes I like nailing things down, but I think the biggest reason I’m stressed about not having a date finalized yet is because that’s what EVERYONE always asks you.

Even when we first shared news of our engagement people responded with, “So when is the big day?” At the bridal show every vendor kicks off with, “When’s the wedding?” Friends start conversations with, “So do you have the date yet?” Vendors ask, “What is the date of your event?” And every time I have to answer, “I don’t know yet” it drives me crazy.

So I really wanted to have a decision made by this weekend. I wanted to check it off the list and move on to everything else.

It is now narrowed down to two possible locations with two very different dates. Each has its positives and negatives. Some people are more favorable to one than the other. I’m torn between the two.

But after reading the post from Erin on Blue-Eyed Bride, maybe I don’t need to rush quite so fast to check this off the list. Maybe I can take a couple of days to take a deep breath, relax a little, and then make the decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment