Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Update

Why do I like the Super Bowl?
  • I love football
  • I love any excuse to bake things for gatherings of people, it’s usually a good opportunity to try out something new
  • I have a marketing background so I find the commercials interesting even beyond the general entertainment factor

Unfortunately, the Super Bowl didn’t end up quite like I had hoped.

I know, I know, the Saints have never been to the Super Bowl and for the City of New Orleans, they deserve to win…it’s a very compelling story line. However, I really like Peyton and therefore I was the one and only person at the Super Bowl party cheering for the Colts.

Oh well…this is not a sports blog, so I’ll hold any additional commentary and get onto more important things…

What did I make for the Super Bowl Party?

Oatmeal Cranberry White Chocolate Cookies

I was going to try out a new recipe, but life this past week and especially this weekend was busy and chaotic. So I stuck to a cookie recipe that I’ve used quite a few times before (I have even made these with gluten-free flour); for three reasons: 1) I knew it was easy and quick, 2) it makes a lot of cookies and since they have red and white the extra cookies will be perfect for a little holiday get together I’m hosting next weekend, and 3) because I already had all the ingredients I needed to make the cookies.

I always have Craisens in the pantry, I love them. They're good plain or mixed with walnuts for a healthy snack.

The recipe comes from the back of the Craisens 6 oz. package.

I stashed the rest of the cookies away so they'll last until the party this weekend (more on that in a future post).

No comments:

Post a Comment