Saturday, April 10, 2010

Spicy Spinach Scrambled Egg Wrap

Wednesday night I went into the kitchen with the intention of making an egg sandwich for dinner (my dad makes very good egg sandwiches, much better than mine). I planned to just put spinach on the sandwich, because as I mentioned, I'm currently obsessed.

As I was getting all the ingredients ready to go, I decided to try something a little different. Here's the result:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spicy Spinach Scrambled Egg Wrap
2 eggs
salt
pepper
packet of red pepper flakes (the small packets that come with pizza delivery)
low fat shredded cheese (a generous pinch or two)
handful of spinach
diced tomatoes
tortilla
In a small bowl combine eggs, salt and pepper to taste, and red pepper flakes and beat with a fork. Then mix in the shredded cheese and spinach. Place in a non-stick skillet and cook like plain scrambled eggs (the spinach will wilt down). Once cooked, place into tortilla, top with diced tomatoes and enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry, I didn't get a picture. But I promise it was good and fairly healthy. It could probably work as a breakfast option as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment