Thursday, August 26, 2010

Antiquing Find Treasure - Giant Whisk

Earlier this summer, we took a short little trip to the western slope of Colorado. At one point during our visit we had a few hours to waste so we headed to the cute little downtown area of the town. We perused shops, bought some homemade apple butter and strawberry rhubarb jam from a fruit store, and we went antiquing (sort of, but not really...although it may become a new hobby).

We had fun looking at all the old items in the antique stores, impressed by some things and laughing at others.

In one store in particular, I found something that at first peaked my interest and then I decided I had to have it. I just wouldn’t be able to live with myself if we left the western slope without it, I was positive. And for just a few dollars, it seemed like a steal.

My Giant Whisk

I love it! I’m sure it served a practical purpose at some point, I however, don’t have a bowl or a pot big enough to use it with, but I do think it will make a great décor item in my kitchen.

Giant Whisk Meet Average Whisk

Now, I just need a little tiny baby whisk and my collection will be complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment